[Article] 1987 - A man with a golden ticket

read about the good old days of this game. serious OP post only.
SJJ
[Article] 1987 - A man with a golden ticket

Post by SJJ » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:55 am

https://narratively.com/the-man-with-th ... ne-ticket/
In 1987, amidst a lucrative year as a Bear Stearns stockbroker, my father became one of only a few dozen people on earth to purchase an unlimited, lifetime AAirpass. A quarter of a million dollars gave him access to fly first class anywhere in the world on American for the rest of his life.
Two years later, which was one year before my younger sister, Natalie, was born, he added a companion feature to his AAirpass, allowing him to bring another person along on any flight. The cost was $150,000, based on his being 39 years old.
For 20 years, he was one of American’s top fliers, accumulating more than 30 million miles, which he acquired every time he flew, even with the AAirpass.
According to Lorraine and the legal documents, a longtime American employee launched the investigation, looking into several other AAirpass holders, including Dad and Jacques Vroom, another lifetime unlimited customer, whose AAirpass termination also resulted in a lawsuit.

8dollarburritos

Re: [Article] 1987 - A man with a golden ticket

Post by 8dollarburritos » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:45 am

Read this before, and it’s infuriating. Really makes me feel like we are doing god’s work in this hobby.